If you use your powerbeats regularly, you’ll find a lot to like with the Powerbeats Pro. They’re durable, comfortable, and deliver sound quality that is par excellence. In the world of wireless earphone the Powerbeats Pro are top tier. Everything from their design to the sound quality, connectivity, and battery life place these Bluetooth among the best you can buy.
We tested the Powerbeats Pro nearly continuously over the course of a week. We found them to be comfortable, convenient, and a pleasure to listen to. Every word, note, and beat came through flawlessly. The physical controls are outstanding and you’ll be hard-pressed to find the limit of their battery life. The one downside: You’ll pay a premium price to get them.
The Powerbeats Pro are made from high-quality, durable, and flexible materials. They can take a lot of punishment from getting thrown in bags, sweated on, dropped in the dirt, carried around in pockets, etc, without getting a scratch.
They’re also very easy to clean if they get dirty. Just wipe them down with your thumb and they look great. The shape and flexibility of the ear adapters make it very easy to keep earwax from building up in there.
Their adjustable ear hooks allow you to custom-fit these to the shape of your head. This ensures that they never fall out, no matter what you’re doing. From working out to taking a walk around town or even hanging upside down, once the Powerbeats Pros are in your ear, they’re staying there until you take them out.
The downside is that these Bluetooth are difficult to put on. We had them for a week and it often took us more than ten seconds to get them in our ears. It’s a real trick to get the pivot and angle necessary to put them in as quickly as you would conventional. Expect to fumble around with them for a few days before you build that muscle memory.
One area where these wireless earphone really shine is in their physical controls. The button in the center has multiple functions: press once to play/pause, twice to skip forward, and three times to skip backward. A long press on either of the buttons summons Siri if you’re paired with an Apple device. This might seem small, but that amount of control is something many wireless earphone stumble with.
What really sets these Powerbeats apart from competitors are the physical controls for volume. Each bud has a small volume rocker that you can use to set each earphone volume individually, which is a feature you never really see on other types.
- Totally wireless high-performance earphones
- Up to 9 hours of listening time (more than 24 hours with charging case)
- Adjustable, secure-fit ear hooks for lightweight comfort and stability
- Reinforced design for sweat & water resistance during tough workouts
- Volume & track controls on each earbud, voice capability, and auto Play/pause
- Enhanced phone call performance and call handling from either earbud
- Powerful, balanced sound with dynamic range and noise isolation
- Earbuds connect independently via class 1 Bluetooth for extended range and fewer dropouts
- With fast Fuel, a 5-minute charge gives 1. 5 hours of playback when battery is Low1
- What’s in the box: Power Beats Pro totally wireless earphones, charging case, ear tips with four size options, Lightning to USB-A charging cable, quick Start guide, warranty card